.
.

Sunday, September 08, 2013

The origin of the universe: A correlated view

The images below are from an amazing article in the August 2013 Ensign. The article beautifully affirms Elder Russell M. Nelson's declaration in general conference last year that we should thank God, not a big bang somewhere, for the universe we live in.

It also affirms Elder John A. Widtsoe's assessment 62 years ago that scientific theories don't define "our understanding of the beginning of things. The ancient view that God is the Creator of all things is still the best because it is true."

Click here or on any of the images below to see the entire article.



planetary nebula

Mexico, from space

3 Comments:

Anonymous Stanton S said...

I thank God for the beautiful valley we live in, and the majesty of the mountains surrounding us. I also fully accept that rather than coming down here with a chisel, God let wind, water, and plate tectonics make these remarkable landmarks.

9/08/2013 06:49:00 PM  
Blogger R. Gary said...

1 Ne. 20:13: "Mine hand hath also laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens."

Isa. 45:12: "I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded."

1 Ne. 1:3: "And I know that the record which I make is true; and I make it with mine own hand; and I make it according to my knowledge."

I believe Elder Nelson would say God's hand made the earth in the same way Nephi's hand made the small plates of Nephi regardless of whether He used hand tools.

9/08/2013 07:35:00 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Did you know that Baja California is a serious contender for the lands of the Book of Mormon?

http://www.achoiceland.com/what_led_you_to_baja_california

9/24/2013 10:01:00 PM  

<< Home